According to the stats for this blog, logic hooks are a popular subject amongst visitors. As such, I figure the topic would be a great way to kick off an idea of mine that I have been tossing around for a bit.
Going forward, I will select a topic of interest, or theme, on a monthly basis. The objective: to discuss the topic at hand in further depth throughout the month, with other posts sprinkled in between for variety.
However, this idea can only work with your assistance.
To help, simply reply to the post announcing the month's topic (e.g. this post) and suggest a facet of said topic for discussion. For example, perhaps you have been wanting to build a logic hook to execute an SQL query, but are unsure about how to get started. Simply share your scenario within the comments area.
In turn, I will select one of the suggestions on a weekly basis and provide a detailed post discussing the process involved in addressing the issue.
Now, while all suggestions are welcome, there are some rules to consider:
1. For obvious reasons, I cannot create a detailed post for every suggestion, but if time permits, I will tackle more than 1 per week.
2. Please be as clear as possible in your description of your scenario. If the description is not clear, I will not consider it.
3. Do not post sample code or the like. A clear description of the goal will suffice.
4. Some scenarios may require very specific configurations, such as custom modules, etc. I will not be able to create mirror environments for all cases, but my response will include sufficient guidance to fulfill the vast majority (if not all) of your goal.
5. Suggestions on themes for upcoming months are welcome and highly encouraged.
Thanks and now lets have the suggestions relating to logic hooks (in the comments section)!